1929 Ford AA/Hale Pumper, Engine 1
Purchased new from the Hale Fire Pump Company in 1930 this was the first piece of fire apparatus purchased by the Magnolia Volunteer Fire Co. It was the sole fire engine until the mid-1940s and remained in service until 1961. The engine was then sold and in 2016 the fire company repurchased it on April 12, 2016. The engine is currently being restored by the company membership.
1942 GMC/Hale 500 gpm Pumper, Engine 2
Provided by the U.S. Office of Civilian Defense in 1946 this truck would remain in service until 1956. Removed from service and sold to the Memorial Fire Company, Slaughter Beach, Delaware.
1953 Ford/Oren 750 gpm Pumper, 55-3
Purchased new and delivery taken on February 8, 1953, the engine would be in service until 1990 when it was donated to Kingstree, South Carolina as their entire fire department had been destroyed during Hurricane Hugo. (Engine 3; designated 55-3 in April 1973)
1956 Ford/Oren 750 gpm Pumper, 55-2
Purchased new in 1956 and in service until 1998. The engine was refurbished by FireCab in 1998 and is used as a funeral and parade piece. This would be the last red pumper purchased by the fire company. (Engine 2; designated 55-2 in April 1973).
1961 Ford Econoline Van, Rescue 1
In 1961, the fire company purchased a 1961 Ford Econoline van to be the company’s first Rescue Truck. Members of the company modified the van and stocked it with the most current rescue equipment of the day. The Rescue would remain in service as such until 1974 when it was replaced by the 1974 Dodge D600/Swab Rescue. At this point the Econoline was renumber and used as a utility vehicle. Removed from service in 1985. (Rescue 1, designated 55-1 in April 1973; 55-8 in 1974).
1963 International Tanker, Engine 4
International R190 Tractor and 6,000 gallon Fruehauf tanker trailer. As a unit was in service until 1972 when the motor on the R190 Tractor expired responding to a fire alarm. The R190 Tractor was unrepairable and removed from service, it was replaced with a new 1970 Dodge Low Cab Forward (LCF) tractor. The 6,000 gallon tanker trailer would remain in service until the latter part of 1972 when it was replaced.
1970 Dodge Low Cab Forward (LCF) Tanker, 55-4
In 1972, a new old stock, 1970 Dodge LCF Tractor was purchased to replace the International R190 Tractor. The new tractor was paired with the current Fruehauf 6,000 gallon tanker trailer. In the latter part of 1972 the 6,000 gallon tanker trailer was replaced with an Amerada Hess 8,500 gallon tanker trailer. (Engine 4, designated 55-4 in April 1973)
1973 Imperial, Engine 55-5
See More Info for Details
1974 Starcraft 16' Boat, 55-B
Purchased new in 1974, equipped with a 25 HP Johnson motor, this boat would serve as the company's Marine Rescue unit. Removed from service in 2006 and sold to the Camden-Wyoming Volunteer Fire Company, Camden, Delaware.
1974 Dodge D600/Swab Rescue, Rescue 55-1
Dodge D600 chassis with a custom built Swab Walk-in Rescue body. Truck carried a variety of rescue salvage and traffic control equipment. Removed from service in 1995.
Photo of the Day
There are currently no events posted
Help us to continue making a difference in the community. Please make your tax deductible donation to Magnolia Fire Company today!Donate
Fri Apr, 16 2021 @ 12:16
Nature: Medical Emergency
Thu Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:33
Nature: Medical Emergency
Wed Apr, 14 2021 @ 17:24